What do you look for in the perfect winter boot? It's got to be water proof (or at least water resistant), warm, have a rubber sole so you don't slip, stylish, and, of course, sustainable. That's no short order but here are some that I think fit the bill and would be appropriate for a variety of slushy occasions.
1. Stella McCartney Chunky Ankle Boots, $725. Cruelty-free.
2. Bhava Studio K2 Winter Platform Boot, $299. Handmade, vegan leather and organic cotton shearling insole.
3. Zara Join Life Collection Lug Sole Leather Boots, $199. Leather tanned using the most sustainable practices in Leather Working Group-certified tanneries & the most sustainably produced polyurethane that is made with new technology that helps protect the environment.
4. Willis Vegan Store Insulated Dock Boots, $127. Carbon neutral, vegan suede, fair trade.
5. AoverA Percy Winter Boot, $318. Leather upper, faux fur lined, handmade, fair trade.
6. Native Shoes Chamonix Faux Shearling boots, $100. Faux shearling lining, recycled polyester insulation.
7. Swedish Hasbeens Hippie Low Boot, $390. Ecologically prepared natural grain leather, handmade, fair trade.
8. Kavat Tore EP Boot, $278
9. Coclico Darbette Boot, $535