Coming up with the perfect gift is hard, especially under the pressure of having to get something rather than letting the perfect thing naturally appear. Instead of just buying any old thing, make it something useful, something he will covet AND something that's made responsibly. Here are my suggestions:
1. United by Blue Shetland wool cardigan, $158. Wool is biodegradable and the company is a certified B Corp (balance purpose and profit).
2. Son of a Sailor nan wallet, $58. Vegetable tanned leather is non-toxic and made in Texas.
3. Package Free Shop vegan amber ale shave and body bar, $10. The company aims at reducing packaging and consumer waste.
4. Colorful Standard extra fine merino wool beanie, $35. Fair trade and gives back to the Democratic Republic of Congo.
5. Package Free Shop stainless steel razor with pivoting head, $79.
6. Outerknown transitional flannel shirt, $88. 100% organic, uses less water to produce.
7. Thought boxer brief and sock gift box, $30. All bamboo, organic cotton and recycled polyester.
8. Loomstate organic cotton joggers, $130. Biodegradable, uses less water.
9. Accompany dragon fruit alpaca throw, $115. Handwoven in Ecuador, fair trade.
10. Parker Clay Montecito weekender bag, $558. The company is a certified B Corp that hires Ethiopian women out of prostitution.
11. Air.co vodka. Anxiously waiting to find out where it is sold. Carbon dioxide is removed from the atmosphere during production!
12. Asket merino and cashmere scarf, $70. All natural fabrics sustainably dyed.
13. Nisolo Mateo all weather boots, $288. Fair trade and leather is a food by product.
14. Armed Angels organic wool and cotton Caabo sweater, $144.
15. PHI Atelier recycled wool scarf, $166.
16. Noah NY leopard corduroy sport coat, $648. 100% cotton, fair trade.